How do I place my order?
- Orders are all processed though our online shopping cart. As you browse, click ‘add to cart’. When you are finished shopping, click on your account page & follow the steps to check out.
What information must I provide when placing an order?
- I will need your:
- full name
- shipping address
- email address
- product detail/s (necklace name, earring number)
- African Baroque accepts no responsibility for problems arising should such details be incorrectly provided.
I live in London. How do I pay for my order?
- Payment for all international orders is via Paypal.
- Please select “Overseas Customers” for the payment method, and comment in the order notes “Please send a PayPal invoice” & we will send you your invoice via PayPal.
- Items will be reserved for 3 days from date of invoicing to allow for payment.
I live in South Africa. Must I pay via Paypal or can I EFT?
- EFT is the preferred method of payment within South Africa. Please contact me by email for a price in South African Rands. This will be adjusted to exclude international shipping and handling but will include local courier costs.
How much does it cost to have an adornment delivered in South Africa?
- The cost to have a piece delivered within South Africa is R125. We use Aramex and usually this takes between 2-3 days in most areas. A small handling fee is included in this cost. The local post office parcel service is also an option.
I live in Cape Town. Is it possible to collect my purchase directly from your studio?
- Yes. I love to meet my clients and show you around the studio. You will need to contact me beforehand to arrange an appointment.
What is the cost of international shipping?
- Prices shown on the website include registered global airmail postage.
How are items shipped internationally?
- International orders are delivered by SA Postal Services registered, airmail, small-packet post.
I’ve heard bad reports about South African Postal Services. Do you have other options?
- We have never had an item “go missing” in the South African service which is cost effective and our preferred option.
- We are happy to negotiate an international courier option should you prefer this.
When can I expect to receive my parcel?
- This generally takes between 3 and 14 days to most international destinations although very occasionally it can take longer.
- African Baroque aims to process your order within 48 hours of it being placed, excluding public holidays and weekends.
- Orders will be packed and delivered when the full invoice amount reflects in our bank account.
- African Baroque has the right to hold delivery of an order until the account is settled in full.
- Once an order has been shipped it is in the postal service: African Baroque does not accept liability for any errors made by these services.
How long do you take to complete commissions?
This is really difficult to assess so if it’s for a special occasion I recommend allowing at least 4 weeks, preferably more bearing in mind that shipping is very unpredictable.
What happens if I don’t like the item I’ve commissioned?
This has never happened before and I’m confident that it never will. I am happy to keep you updated throughout the creative process.
What happens if I’m not happy with my purchase?
- In the unlikely situation that you are not happy with the item you have purchased you may return it within seven days of receipt.
- This has never happened and 70% of clients return for additional items!
- Return postage is at your expense.
- Items returned must be unused, unworn, undamaged and properly packaged.
- A store credit will be given for any returned item .
Will customs duties apply to my purchase?
- Customs policies vary widely from state to state and country to country. You may be liable for any customs and import duty, quotas, permits, product restrictions and other local requirements. Therefore I suggest that you check the requirements in your country before placing an order.
- African Baroque will not be liable for any custom or import duties.
Your prices are in USD. How do I know what the cost will be in my own currency?
- South African customers please contact me for local options and prices.
- I have included a currency converter below these questions for your convenience. This provides an indication only as currency fluctuations will naturally affect prices.
- If your currency does not reflect on the converter please follow this link for online currency conversions
I’d love to sell African Baroque adornments in my shop. Do you offer wholesale prices?
- Yes I do. It is important to note that I make each piece by hand; the process is slow and intuitive and as such, stock is extremely limited. However should an exciting proposition present itself I am happy to discuss options so please feel free to contact me.