The following information is intended to assist you to select a pair of earrings that perfectly meets your requirements.
These textile earrings are available in small and large and both are very light and comfortable to wear. There are infinite variations as each pair, being hand crafted, is an unique item.
The weight will vary depending on the beads used but usually will be close to the following:
- Small earrings weigh an average of 7 grams per earring.
- Large earrings weigh approximately 16 grams per earring.
Dimensions are also affected by the size and number of beads used as well as the length of the tassels which are trimmed until a perfect balance is achieved. The dimensions shown below are intended as an indication only.
Whilst every care is taken to ensure that the images shown on this website accurately reflect the colours of each item, variations will sometimes occur that are beyond my control, mainly as a result of variations on individual monitors.
Although I mostly use African textiles and beads I don’t limit myself to these. However the facts and the history behind the beads I use are very interesting and contribute a lot to every item. I love to share the stories behind African Baroque creations so please do contact me if you would like to know more.
- Textiles used include: cotton shweshwe, a variety of African print textiles, linen, raw silk and many others including vintage textiles.
- Beads include: handmade African beads, antique trade beads, Indian and Japanese as well as found and vintage beads.
Stirling silver Shepherds Hooks
Handmade Stirling silver shepherds hooks are also available on request (see top right image). Should you prefer this option there will be an additional cost of USD5 (approximately R60)
- I use the South African Postal Service registered airmail small packet post to deliver earrings anywhere in the world.
- This takes two weeks on average to reach most destinations and often considerably less.
- Prices include international registered airmail by the South African Postal Service. It is possible to post as many as three small pairs in s small bubble wrap envelope so if you are ordering more than one pair I will recalulate a reduced shipping rate.
- South African customers please contact me to discuss your preferred delivery and collection options.