How do I place an international order?
Orders are all processed though our online shopping cart. As you browse, click ‘add to cart’. When you are finished shopping, click on your shopping cart & follow the steps to check out.
If you experience any difficulties, please contact me for assistance via the contact page.
Items will be reserved for 3 days from date of invoicing to allow for payment.
How do I place a South African order ?
- Please contact us by email for a price in South African Rands. This will be adjusted to exclude international shipping and handling but will include local courier costs.
- EFT is the preferred method of payment within South Africa.
What information must I provide when placing an order?
- We will need your:
- full name
- shipping address
- email address
- product detail/s (necklace name, earring number)
- African Baroque accepts no responsibility for problems arising should such details be incorrectly provided.
How much does it cost to have an adornment delivered in South Africa?
- The cost to have a piece delivered within South Africa is R125. We use Aramex and usually this takes between 2-3 days in most areas. A small handling fee is included in this cost.
I live in Cape Town. Is it possible to collect my purchase directly from your studio?
- Yes. We love to meet clients and show you around the studio. Just contact us in advance to schedule an appointment.
- We also have Friday Open Day when you can come and purchase directly from the studio between 9.30 and 12.30.
What is the cost of international shipping?
- Prices shown on the website include registered international airmail via small parcel postage.
How are items shipped internationally?
- International orders are delivered by Postnet South Africa using Royal Mail. Tracking is not an option with this service which is considered reliable and takes between 14-21 days to reach most global destinations.
- We are happy to negotiate an international courier option should you prefer this.
When can I expect to receive my parcel?
- This generally takes between 3 and 14 days to most international destinations although very occasionally it can take longer.
- African Baroque aims to process your order within 48 hours of it being placed, excluding public holidays and weekends.
- Orders will be packed and delivered when the full invoice amount reflects in our bank account.
- African Baroque has the right to hold delivery of an order until the account is settled in full.
- Once an order has been shipped it is in the postal service: African Baroque does not accept liability for any errors made by these services.
What happens if I’m not happy with my purchase?
- In the unlikely situation that you are not happy with the item you have purchased you may return it within seven days of receipt.
- Return postage is at your expense.
- Items returned must be unused, unworn, undamaged and properly packaged.
- A store credit will be given for any returned item .
Will customs duties apply to my purchase?
- Customs policies vary widely from state to state and country to country. You may be liable for any customs and import duty, quotas, permits, product restrictions and other local requirements. It is recommended that you check the requirements in your country before placing an order.
- African Baroque will not be liable for any custom or import duties.
Your prices are in USD. How do I know what the cost will be in my own currency?
I’d love to sell African Baroque adornments in my shop. Do you offer wholesale prices?
- Yes we do. It is important to note that we make each piece by hand; the process is slow and intuitive and as such, stock is extremely limited. However should an exciting proposition present itself we are happy to discuss options so please feel free to contact us.