IMPORTANT INFORMATION: How is Covid-19 impacting on availability and deliveries?
- We have downscaled production slightly so there may be availability issues but these should be rare.
- Postal Services and couriers in many parts of the world are operating with reduced staff so delays may occur.
- Whilst we are happy to arrange courier services as an alternative, this is very costly and only worth considering under exceptional circumstances.
- We use The Courier Guy within the borders of South Africa.
- We are not selling from the studio at this point in time but you may order online and collect from our studio.
- You will be required to wear a mask and because the studio is small, all collections will be done outside in the fresh air.
How do I place an international order?
International orders are processed though our online shopping cart. As you browse, click ‘add to cart’. When you are finished shopping, click on your shopping cart & follow the steps to check out.
If you experience any difficulties, please contact me for assistance via the contact page.
Items will be reserved for 3 days from date of invoicing to allow for payment.
How do I place a South African order ?
- Please email us for a price in South African Rands and to arrange collection/courier.
- EFT is the preferred method of payment within South Africa.
What information must I provide when placing an order?
- We will need your:
- full name
- shipping address
- email address
- product detail/s (necklace name, earring number)
- African Baroque accepts no responsibility for problems arising should such details be incorrectly provided.
How much does it cost to have an adornment delivered in South Africa?
- We use The Courier Guyi to deliver all local orders. The cost begins at R125 increases to R180 for outlying areas.
- We do not use South African Postal Services, because although they are less costly the likelihood of items being delayed or not reaching their destination is too great.
- If you live in the Cape Town area you are welcome to arrange collection from our studio in Sunnycove.
I live in Cape Town. Is it possible to collect my purchase directly from your studio?
- Yes. We love to meet clients and show you around the studio.
- Please contact us in advance to schedule an appointment.
What is the cost of international shipping?
- Prices shown on the website include registered international airmail via small parcel postage.
- We can arrange for courier on request. Extra cost for client’s account.
How are items shipped internationally?
- South African Postal Services registered airmail is included in the price of all our stock. Tracking is included in the price and the service generally takes between 14-21 days to reach most global destinations.
- We are happy to negotiate an international courier option should you prefer this.
When can I expect to receive my parcel?
- This generally takes between 7 and 21 days to most international destinations although very occasionally it can take longer.
- Please note that Covid-19 is potentially delaying down all postage and courier services and thus unpredictable.
- African Baroque aims to process your order within 48 hours of it being placed, excluding public holidays and weekends.
- Orders will be packed and delivered when the full invoice amount reflects in our bank account.
- African Baroque has the right to hold delivery of an order until the account is settled in full.
- Once an order has been shipped it is in the postal service: African Baroque does not accept liability for any errors made by these services.
- If you are in a hurry to recieve your order we are happy to arrange a courier service on your behalf. This generally takes 4-5 days to most destinations and is fully trackable. The cost of this is for your account.
What happens if I’m not happy with my purchase?
- In the unlikely situation that you are not happy with the item you have purchased you may return it within seven days of receipt.
- Return postage is at your expense.
- Items returned must be unused, unworn, undamaged and properly packaged.
- A store credit will be given for any returned item .
Will customs duties apply to my purchase?
- Customs policies vary widely from state to state and country to country. You may be liable for any customs and import duty, quotas, permits, product restrictions and other local requirements. It is recommended that you check the requirements in your country before placing an order.
- African Baroque will not be liable for any custom or import duties.
Do you offer wholesale prices?
- Yes we do and we look forward to discussing your needs with you.
Your prices are in USD. How do I know what the cost will be in my own currency?
- Please use the handy currency converter at the bottom right hand side of the home page.
- This serves as an approximate indicator and changes constantly.