IMPORTANT INFORMATION: How is Covid-19 impacting on availability and deliveries?
- We have downscaled production slightly so there may be availability issues but these should be rare.
- Postal Services and couriers in many parts of the world are operating with reduced staff so delays may occur.
- The use of a courier will greatly speed up delivery.
- We use The Courier Guy within the borders of South Africa.
- We are not selling from the studio at this point in time but you may order online and collect from our studio.
- You will be required to wear a mask and because the studio is small, all collections will be done outside in the fresh air.
How are items shipped internationally?
- Courier/postal costs are included in the price of all items on our website.
- When we receive your order we will contact you to find out what method of shipping you prefer.
- You may choose between South African (SA) postal services or FedEx.
- The SA postal service takes between 3 and 10 weeks, occassionally longer. We used registered mail but there is no tracking. You will be unlikely to have to pay customs duties if you choose this option.
- FedEx takes between 5 and 10 days. It is fully trackable. Depending on which country you live in you may have to pay customs duties. These vary from country to country.
How to place an international order?
- International orders are processed though our online shopping cart.
- As you browse, click ‘add to cart’.
- When you have finished shopping, click on your shopping cart & follow the steps to check out.
- If you experience any difficulties, please contact me for assistance via the contact page.
- Items will be reserved for 3 days from date of invoicing to allow for payment.
- We will contact you discuss SA Postal versus courier options.
What is the cost of international shipping?
- Pricing of all products includes shipping.
- We will contact you before shipping to discuss your preferred method of shipping.
- SA Postal Services can take between 3-10 weeks to reach you and cannot be tracked. You are unlikely to incur customs charges.
- Courier Services take between 5-10 days to reach you and can be tracked throughout the process. You are likely to be charged customs duties but this varies from country to country.
Will customs duties apply to my purchase?
- Customs policies vary widely from country to country. You may be liable for any customs and import duty, quotas, permits, product restrictions and other local requirements. It is recommended that you check the requirements in your country before placing an order.
- African Baroque will not be liable for any custom or import duties.
- If customs duties are a concern it is best to choose the postal option for delivery.
What information must I provide when placing an order?
- We will need your:
- full name
- shipping address
- postal code
- email address
- telephone number
- product detail/s (necklace name, earring number)
- African Baroque accepts no responsibility for problems arising should such details be incorrectly provided.
How do I place a South African order ?
- Please email us for a price in South African Rands and to arrange collection/courier.
- EFT is the preferred method of payment within South Africa.
I live in Cape Town. Is it possible to collect my purchase directly from your studio?
You may collect your parcel from the studio but with strict Covid protocols.
How much does it cost to have an adornment delivered in South Africa?
- We use The Courier Guyi to deliver all local orders. The cost begins at R125 increases to R180 for outlying areas.
- We do not use South African Postal Services, because although they are less costly the likelihood of items being delayed or not reaching their destination is too great.
- If you live in the Cape Town area you are welcome to arrange collection from our studio in Sunnycove.
When can I expect to receive my parcel?
- If you are very eager to get your parcel we recommend using a courier service.
- Postage generally takes between 7 and 21 days to most international destinations although very occasionally it can take longer.
- Please note that Covid-19 is potentially delaying down all postage and courier services and thus unpredictable.
- African Baroque aims to process your order within 48 hours of it being placed, excluding public holidays and weekends.
- Orders will be packed and delivered when the full invoice amount reflects in our bank account.
- African Baroque has the right to hold delivery of an order until the account is settled in full.
- African Baroque does not accept liability for orders once an order has been shipped.
What happens if I’m not happy with my purchase?
- In the unlikely situation that you are not happy with the item you have purchased you may return it within seven days of receipt.
- Return postage is at your expense.
- Items returned must be unused, unworn, undamaged and properly packaged.
- A store credit will be given for any returned item .
Do you offer wholesale prices?
- Yes we do and we look forward to discussing your needs with you.
Your prices are in USD. How do I know what the cost will be in my own currency?
- Please use the handy currency converter at the bottom right hand side of the home page.
- This serves as an approximate indicator and changes constantly.